Monday, September 18, 2006

In 4 months

alot can happen and yet things can still stay the same. I am no longer in the "landshark business". Let's just say as much as I wanted to succeed in that position and as hard as I worked, sometimes there really are no-win situations in the workplace.

I have a new job in the non-profit sector that better suits me. It is also in the arts so this is good. Unfortunately, it is not full-time but the pay is quite decent as are the people I work with.

Sweet Marc had 2 surgeries this summer but weathered them quite well. His discomfort has been hard to bear - when you love someone all you want to do is take it away and you can't. It's one of the most difficult situations in which to find yourself powerless. He never complains and has such a positive attitude that at times I find myself feeling remarkably childish and self-obsessed as I complain, worry and fret about my poverty, my own health problems and social anxieties. He never judges me though and is always supportive. I think we are really beginning to love one another unconditionally. It must be true because, God help me, I tolerate a great deal of Star Trek for this man!

Last night was one of the best in months. We turned in early and Marc read Wallace Steven's "The Necessary Angel" while I dozed off and on with my arm across his chest. Oh my, I was so happy and contented. That's the very best stuff there is in the world and I really don't recall having ever felt so safe and secure with someone.


Oh well, it's late. G'night

1 comment:

thirty six j said...

love to you and marc