Thursday, July 07, 2005

Who's Boss

I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if Cheney, Bush, Rumsfield, et. al, didn't in some way have a hand in showing Tony Blair and the EU just who's boss today as the G8 summit began in Scotland. A number of economists have been predicting that the EU are positioning themselves to become the next superpower and Blair's been a little lippy of late with George Junior. Who sleeps closest to whom in the vaults of the World Bank or on the shelves of the IMF is nothing to take the least bit unseriously - seriously!

Meanwhile, I missed John Doe but I heard it was great show. I've been on one of my summer reading marathons but the library is about to knock me off the clock so I'll spare you the list. I'm doing a few movies too. Watched "The Limey" for the 95th time last night. Jesus, Peter Fonda is so dispicably good in that movie. I mean good at being dispicable. I did finally read Joyce Maynard's book on her non-consumated affair with JD Salinger. What a sad, perverse story - maybe I'll write more later. I've lost internet access again.

2 minute warning. Bye!

No comments: