Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Blogger Link Be-Gones

Well, I have a big problem with this new blogger. I have no scroll bar on the right side of my screen which makes it impossible for me to check in on any of the links near the bottom of my list. And let's face it, unless we have a readership like the DailyKoz most of us are probably the only ones who ever give our own links more than a quick glance or two. Link owners no doubt check out those of us who showcase them but, otherwise, I've never had anyone comment on any of my links. Occasionally, I've had people campaign for one. Once I was dating a man who seemed to think my readers would be interested in the archived Advanced Algebra & Calculus lectures he kept online for his students. Okey-Dokey, as my father used to say.

Anyone else find themselves in this no scroll predicament?

New Blogger does now have a field at the bottom right hand corner of this "new post" block. I have an option entitled "Labels for this post: e.g. scooters, vacation, fall" One has to wonder if an ER nurse is making a little extra dough writing template copy for the Google boys. Well, either that or it's the same writers who come up with those funny ha-ha profile questions.

Can you tell I'm having a wee bit of adjustment anxiety/problems with this new system. I want old style blogger back, pretty please :-)

2 comments:

Maulleigh said...

I'm having very little love for the new blogger myself. It doesn't remember me at all but I'm always typing in my information. And it's slow as frak so it just seems to hang and hang. I've found that if I open things in a new window, that seems to work a bit.

Yeah. No. No love.

Alexander Annaev said...

Hey! I'm also pissed off with this new Blogger! I changed my template and all of my links disappeared. Then I had to read a lot on how to edit widgets to get them back and get rid of this "Edit" button.

Ouff.. Anyway, it looks better now :)