Wednesday, May 04, 2005

20 at Once

Just saw an announcement that Richard Feyman got his own postage stamp. We arty writer freaks with a special affinity for what my friend Megan calls being a "sucker for anything to do with quantum mechanics" can now post our snailmail with the portrait of a favorite geek. I suppose this means I may have to finally pony up for one of those packs of stamps that force you purchase 20 at once. What a committment. I don't really mind that too much. I think I just like having to pop in the Post Office on Washington Street on a regular basis because I like the staff in there so much but my favorite guy is retiring in six months. Oh well. Things change.

That's all for now. I really have to do my laundry and, lucky for me (alas - re: the laundry) my appointment to get my hair cut got canceled.

Does anyone know what's going into the space that Ruby's Pearl just vacated?

Hey, send up some prayers for Bruno - he's having a heart valve replaced.

Happy Birthday, Howard!!

No comments: