Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Newton Poem Again

Word has finally travelled through the chick-writers grapevine that former Iowa Citian, Jo Ann Beard, was the recent recipient of a Guggenheim. There just seems to be something good happening for creative girls w/ associations to Iowa. Maybe not for all of us but enough to make the choice of giving voice to whatever we feel needs giving voice to seem like a moderately honorable endeavour and not a decision born of complete insanity.

Since, in theory, these blogs are diaries and updates of sorts. Here is a quick run down on what's been happening in my world. Finally, my mother has been given a clean bill of health and will leaving Los Angeles to go live with my brother and his family in North Carolina. This is great news, not only for the obvious reasons, but beacuse she will be with two of her grandchildren and this is the best anti-grief remedy there is.

I've landed a part time job at a local florist and I really love it. The pay is certainly not ideal but I really don't care. I'm just so happy to be working and the people there are so nice.

I'm getting more and more positive feedback on my freelance work and my column which is heartening.. My friend, Daniel, has apparenly been keeping tabs on the number of his band's website (Marah-Mar.org) receives vs. this blog. So far, I'm winning. Sweet. Hey, Daniel, maybe you need to sex things up a bit??? Perhaps some pictures of the beautiful, Pi?

I've working on the Issac Newton poem again. I started it in 1987. The only thing that has stayed the same is the first line. Give another few months and I'll probably axe that as well, then put it back in again.

I've met a very nice man. On this I will say no more as things are new and I don't want to jinx anything. More to come as things develop. Art & Science. It's a sexy combo.

Hey, Ang. How was Guster? I still have no idea who the heck they are. Laura's coming this weekend, yeah?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg, Guster was great! It's been awhile since I've been to a concert (well... Leon Redbone at the Englert, but that's not exactly hard-rockin' singin' yer guts out), so it was a special hoot. Anyhoos, I went out of town on Friday the 13th. Who's Laura?

Anonymous said...

By the way, glad the job turned permanent! And who is this mystery man?