Thursday, September 09, 2004

Avocado Maki is Fine

Okay, sad to say it but it is now official -- the universe IS conspiring against me. My boombox broke leaving me no way to play music of my own choosing (and Christ I was listening to Richard Thomspon at the time!!). I just found out I owe the state almost $2000 more than I was additionally led to believe and I decided to try and be extra healthy last night and cook up that tempeh in my fridge only to discover it was covered in black mold. That's what I get for being loyal to the Coop. Okay sorry, that was entirely snarly.

After going to Sushi Popo with Angie last Thursday all I can think about IS sushi. I don't even care about the raw fish anymore. These days avocado maki is fine with me. Just give me a delivery device for wasabi and pickled ginger and I am fine.

There are lots of people talking about what does and does not constitute a good date or relationship these days (okay, forever). Re: a good date -- it's pretty much anyone else who will pick up the check (I'm a cheap date, see above) and not talk AT you the entire time. Re: the relationship -- someone who isn't in the middle of an identity crisis, makes you laugh and with whom you actually enjoy conversing for an extended period of time. Additionally it seems most people I know who have finally found people after years of being w/Mr. and Ms. Wrong seem to agree on one thing -- they finally met someone with whom being with was not alot of work. So there's my .64.

Virgo birthdays -- Happy birthday Angie!!! Melissa!! Andy!! Tolstoy!! Dori!!! Sarah, wherever in the hell you have ended up, crazy girl. Oh yeah, my brother. I always forget about him. Let's not look too closely at that.






No comments: