Monday, September 06, 2004

When I've Made My Final Decision

Okay, I was way too harsh on the Earle record. A real rush to judgement on my part. F THE FCC alone is worth the price of admission. Takes one back to the the early days of Rage Against the Machine. Poor Steve -- he seems to be suffering from the delusion that romantic love will fill the void that all that heroin and whiskey did such a fine job of. As for the little black dress, I've owned at least three that I thought were perfect, going to make my life all I'd ever imagined and land me the man of my dreams. In the end they were just dresses and thank goodness for consignment stores. Bless the man for dedicating the record to Zevon and Cash. I'll see all three of you when I get there. I plan to outlive you, Steve.

Enough of this serious foolishness. Re: "The Scream" robbery -- why can't a band of old fashioned art thieves just be a thieves anymore? Sure enough, these days someone is gonna accuse 'em of being terrorists.

When the new Zen monastery opened in Decorah all the devoted zeniacs in attendance were shocked by the fact that all the monks in the area who showed up in support were all puffing away on ciggerettes like chimneys. I found that hilarious.

Yo La Tengo is coming to the Wheelroom! Si. Si.

David Lynch will be one of the panelists at a "Peace Forum" in Fairfield at MHU at the end of the month. Just like his film "The Straight Story"-- now there's a shocker. Free veggie food. There's a number to call on the back of this month's Little Pillage (er Village).

I've been investing too much mental energy into who I believe should replace Frank Conroy as czar of the IWF. I'll try and get back to you when I've made my final decision.

I've got to do some real writing and then go celebrate Labor day in the only way a decent American would. I'm gonna drive my new SUV out to Walmart for the sales and buy tons of crap I don't really need made in sweatshops by slave labor all over the third world. Oh yeah, I'm gonna drink Diet Coke and talk on my cell phone the whole way there and the whole way back. Okay, this is a tired example. I need more COFFEE.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! Blogger has let me in!

-I came by yesterday to tell you what a great and amazing blog you have. Your writing is excellent, I love what you have to say.

blogger was mean, and decided to prevent me from commenting. But not today though.