Friday, October 22, 2004

The Night Boys

Okay, no big surprises in my night life. My dreams continue to be pretty darn predictable in the wake of my father's sudden death. The theme for the previous two days has been losing other people I care deeply about coupled with Mighty Mousian "HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY" heriocs of various men from my past who have been especially kind and, well, fatherly to me.

Last night I was treated to gorgeous abstract expressionist graffiti-esque muraling all over the walls of my home by an old friend from the east coast. I came home from work to discover he had flown in and turned the formerly bland walls of my apartment into breath taking works of art. Now some people would have gotten angry at such a gesture -- he painted my walls without permission!!! -- but I was thrilled. It made me feel loved and cared for. He worked hard on them and, good gravy, walls can repainted!

Then in a later episode of REM, I had been traveling in Africa and another friend who I seem to have adopted as a sleepover paternal figure was eager to have me come stay with him in rural NY and talk about my travels. He was just so happy for me, knowing that Africa has been a life long dream (okay, redundant) and I had finally been able to go.

Hah! - one my sweet former beaus just called as I am typing this post. Haven't dreamed about him yet but I'm certain I will. He's been keeping me in good music for years. Last night I was at a meeting and a woman told me to let people love me through this loss. Hey, I think I've got my arms open in the right way this time. Bring it on, baby.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have reached out to me, and i want to let you know I am here for you. One can never have too many friends to lean on.

I admire you, i think your writing kicks ass.

*big hugs*

Me said...

Hey Megarooni~
Just caught up on your posts... you COULD take over for CONROY. Like Vader, I think your writing leaves nothing to be desired. And I wish I had dreams like yours...
**big hug**
Ang

Me said...

*ahem*... no idea why I capped Frank's name... maybe because he's larger than life? Or he's not, but thinks he is? Or because his name starts with a 'C'...?

I think I need food... low blood sugar...

Anyhoo, we still need to hook up and take you through a little orientation of bloggy land. **smile, smile**