Saturday, October 02, 2004

Two Deaths & Getting A Kick

Well this time I've been away because my father died. Man, does that put things in perspective. I'd write about it but I'm in the library and I believe I've mentioned I am not much of a public weeper. I did have a moment of gut-wrenching sobbing on the deck of the house in NC when we (the family) poured his ashes over the side--down into foliage which had been ravaged by hurricane Ivan. My father would have loved that last FU to the property owner's association. Ash-spreading up there is strictly verbotten. His tennis club buddies arranged the entire memorial service and it was held in their pavilion. They seemed to have loved the old guy almost as much as I did.

In the mean time here is a link to website that has some pictures of me and of some younger pals and pals of pals. I'm with my birthday twin Kelly in the bathroom of the IMU after a Carol Gilligan lecture. The girl on the roof with her hands over her chest (party 2468) is dead like my Dad. Unfortunately, she did not live until she was 73 and leave behind 3 children and 4 grandkids. She was 22 and "accidentally" OD-ed. My God, what a waste. I wish I could have shown my father the picture of Kelly and me sticking our tongues out. I think he would have gotten a kick out of it.

http://www.richardnixonjumping.com/pics/kelly.zip

oh yeah, "daniel" lives in town and marah mar is a local band (iowa city) and are quite lovely, check them out! marahmar.org


1 comment:

Me said...

Hey sweetie,
How are you doing? I hope all is returning to some sense of normalcy in your world. I thought about you all last week (but this weekend I was in Minneapolis being a self-centered glutton). Wanna get together sometime by the end of the week? (I need to get caught up in my head for the next few days). Let me know, Meg. I'd love to see you. Until then, take care.
Big hug,
Ang