Thursday, November 04, 2004

Snitch Box

Well, this is may be a new lowering of the bar in my ability to entertain myself on the internet. I just ran across a site called the Dictionary of Lowlife Culture or some such thing and discovered that in prison culture, the term "snitch box" is slang for a metal detector. This is one of the most amusing things I have heard in a while. Why I do not know. I am, no doubt, far too easily amused.

I keep trying to take things more seriously. I just figure if I get all down about the election and a zillion other awful things I'm going to be useless to myself and others. An old friend keeps telling me about this band, The Fountains of Wayne. I was in a rush this morning and couldn't listen to song he wanted to play me over the phone. It was called "Peace and Love". He assured me it was NOT at all serious but irreverent. To prove his point he recited one line, "I'm going to move up to Vermont. Open up a bookstore and a vegan rest-aur-rant." I think I'm going to like this band.

I'll wrap this up w/ a great Emma Goldfish quote....."If you can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." p.s. Mr. Nice guy -- I'll be reading you soon! Thanks for writing me back.

1 comment:

Cattiva said...

Ah - You found mr. nice guy. He rocks doesn't he? Just about one of the funniest guys I've read in a LONG time.