Sunday, April 24, 2005

For Almost a Year

Wow. The weather is beautiful outside today and I'm thinking about how lucky I am to stilll have people in my life who have known me for a few years who still care about me enough to read this blog. When I first decided to write it (thanks for the push, LEC) I sent out a notice to every single email I had in my address book w/ the very-much-a-joke promo line "shameless self promotion rocks". Jeez, some folks actually took that seriously and I got a little heat for not having enough humility. Oh well.

Anyway, I've been at this thing for better or worse for almost a year (lots of it for the worst) and I'll be danged if it isn't my oldest pals who seem to be my faithful readers. For an aging chick who landed in the middle of the country at the age of 31 and just sort of stuck it out, I'm pretty amazed at this. Most of my dearest friends have moved away but they're still interested in what's going on with me which is more than moderately miraculous to me. Whoa, I'm counting my blessings.

My family is rather exceptional, BTW. Have I mentioned that recently. My mother is wheeling around the rehab ward of the hospital giving the staff a run for their money. She's looking out for her roommate, Annie, who isn't as lucky as she is in terms of family support. I think its helpful for my mother to have Annie to care for as well. That's what we're supposed to, isn't it? We all take care of and look out for one another.

No comments: