Monday, September 26, 2005

Excerpt from Saturday Night Phone Conversation

Laura: Oh yeah, I sent your post about your conversation with your neighbor about the the gameshow gig to Mitchell. (followed by longish conversation about reason for this forward.)

Meg: Oh man, Wade has really been on a roll - just full of real gems. The other night I found him on the front porch as I was on my way to the Handimart to pick up some ice cream and he went into a tirade about organic produce. He said he didn't want his vegetables all brown and full of holes and spiderwebs and that he LOVED PESTICIDES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

(Laura and Meg laugh hysterically.)

Earlier in conversation Laura tells me about a conference for librarians that she has been helping to organize for next year which is scheduled to be held in New Orleans. She says they've actually been receiving all these queries from people who were registered wondering if they could get their money back. No comment.

No comments: