Sunday, September 11, 2005

Seems Fitting

well. sunday night. i finally banged out my column. it was a day late due which i'm chosing to forgive myself for. i also forgot andy's birthday which is another thing i'm forgiving myself for. i've had a lot on my mind.

i did a really embarassing thing. i'm having some health problems and one evening i was at the library and i started to panic about dying alone. i know a bunch of people who do this internet dating service. i actually filled out a profile and posted it. i checked it a couple of times but never responded to anyone who responded to my ad (note: it's amazing how many nibbles you get w/out so much as a snapshot.) i deleted the thing tonight. i'm praying no one i know saw it but if they did, i plead coltrane "So What". anyway, the whole affair (bad pun) has given me a rather interesting idea for an article. it's probably more complicated than it needs to be. what else is new?

anyway, i had to admit this cyber-dating thing to cyberspace. seems fitting.

well, i'm laughing at myself now. i'm off to get some ice cream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi-first time visitor. Ah, yes: ice cream. The other night I microwaved some to soften it up to spoon into a cup. Always a comfort food. Stop by and say hello anytime!