Sunday, December 17, 2006

Oh no - I did not mean "The Passion.."

I was just reading a review of the new ego-fest from Mel Gibson (a very unflattering one) and it refered to his last film, The Passion of the Christ. I just about lost my friggin' mind. Damn, damn, I am nutcan. I recently updated my profile and added some movies. One of my all time favorite flicks is the Scorsese (sp?) masterpiece The Last Temptation of Christ - a film worthy of being italicized. I meant to type that into the movies field and I inadvertantly tip-tapped the Gibson Christ travesty in there instead

Please allow me to clarify. I do not care for Mel Gibson (note: I'm being charitable here.) It has been common knowledge for 20 years that the man is a hateful bigot and ultra conservative a-hole (i.e. hypocrite.) His recent anti-semitic tirade was no surprise to many of us. Three years ago I sent around an email addressing this aspect of his character and the less than subtle jew-hating that permeates "The Passion". Might I suggest Mr. Gibson consider Iranian citizenship?

Mr. Bill where are you when I need you? "Oh no!" "Oh no!"

No comments: