Thursday, June 17, 2004

A Very Fine Retort


I do not think I am especially attractive or "viable" in the dating department and I am not trying to flatter myself here but if another man tells me I am "intimidating", I am going to do something really crazy like shred a cocktail napkin or tell off a frat boy's shadow.

This swell woman I met tonight named Mary had the best response ever to this little downer, "No, you are just intimidated!"

Buck up, boys! There are lots of us who refuse to play the girly-girly femme fatale role. Dorothy Parker may have had her flaws but I doubt she ever bored anyone to death at a dinner party. Be attracted to someone's strengths not their weaknesses. Laugh easily & often.

WTG, LC, for giving William Beckmann a little lip at VSC a few weeks ago.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A HETEROCENTRIC POST. I'm a straight, white girl, sue me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is absolutely nothing more attractive than a atraight white girl who is so intimidating that someone threatening lawsuits casts opaque shadows across footprints in the sand of boys fleeing with fear. Your strenghts are scrumptuous and wonderful but it's your weaknesses that makes someone crazy for you.

You make us laugh outloud with cutting edge observations sprinkled with poetic nuances that touch us deep inside. If dating is a department you must have forgotten you own the entire store. We are not talking Younkers here, maybe aliitle bit more like Nordstroms.

Don't ever stop. Imagine what you will and it will.