Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Fair Schmair

Okay, call me skeptical you certainly won't be the first and this trait is nothing my previous posts have not already revealed about about my character but really this announcement by Bush Lite and Co. about a "major troop shift" which will bring home as many as 70,000 troops and 100,00 family members less than 3 months before the election is so self-servingly obvious and manipulative it makes me want to go scream on the Ped Mall. Sure man, bring 'em home in time to look good to the voters and HEY get them happily to their voting booths as well. How many of these men and women were going to fill in their out of country voting cards for Shrub while they were sweating it out in some tent boiling water to drink and eating canned cheese day after day hoping upon hope they might just get a letter or package from a loved one in the States? Phew, I don't care if anyone lobbies for their own agenda, that's human and to be expected. What I do mind is being treated like I'm stupid--having a president so clueless that he treats the entire population like a bunch of idiot "cracker heads". Please, don't let him get away with this, okay? Vote early and vote often. Register in multiple states. Has anyone died recently that you can pretend to be? Fair schmair.

No comments: