Sunday, February 13, 2005

Religious Wise Men Quietly Drank Up

A RABBI, A PRIEST AND A MINISTER WALK INTO A BAR TOGETHER...BUT NOTHING FUNNY HAPPENS

By SCOTT STEVENS

A rabbi , priest and a minister walked into a bar in a small Iowa town -- but nothing funny happened.

"When I saw the three of them walk in," bartender Joe Blobonski says, "I thought to myself, 'This is gonna be good. I mean, this is the setup for thousands of jokes, so I figured something hilarious is about to happen." But the results were disappointing.

"They sat down at a table, and didn't say much." Blobonski says he expected to burst out laughing when he took their order. "The priest said, 'I'll have a Virgin Mary.' Then the minister said, 'I'll have a Bloody Mary,' Blobonski says. "I could barely contain myself, waiting for the rabbi's punch line.

"But then he says, 'I'd like a Diet Coke,' A Diet Coke? THAT'S not funny. I couldn't believe it.

" At another point the rabbi asked, "Do you get many rabbis in here?" Blobonski says, "I said 'No,' waiting for the rabbi's hysterical comeback.

"But all he said was 'too bad.' " The three religious wise men quietly drank up, paid the bill, and left.

"It was really pretty boring, to be honest," Blobonski added.

Published on: 09/05/2004 Weekly World News

1 comment:

Cattiva said...

OK...that's just wrong.

:)