Monday, February 21, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson was an idiot......

although not an untalented one. BTW, guns suck. Let's say it again....guns suck! This is from a 2003 interview.

What's the best firearm for home security?
Twelve gauge short barrel shotgun.

And what's the best for just fucking around?
Machine guns are kind of nice. You can have a lot of fun with them. It's like watering the lawn. I don't get to play them very often.

Ralph Steadman said that you almost killed him in a gun-related explosion while he was visiting you in Aspen. What happened?
I don't know that story, but no doubt it's right. I can think of several times. Ralph is well acquainted with my lifestyle.

He also said that you claim that you are one of the few people who should be allowed to own a handgun gun, and he said that you definitely shouldn't be allowed to own one.
(Laughs.) Ralph is one person who definitely shouldn't be allowed to drink whiskey.

Why's that?
I'll wait for his reason why I shouldn't have handguns. Whiskey is not beneficial for Ralph.

No comments: