Monday, August 08, 2005

Being Free is Not Nearly Enough

Oh dear, parody - that's how you spell it. Blogger should add an editorial service. Being free is just not nearly enough these days. It's like all these credit card offers that come ad naseum nowadays. Let's keep saying no until one of 'em starts offering to pay us interest. We need to put our collective feet DOWN. Debtor nation, indeed.

So if anyone actually reads this thing on a regular basis, I hope a few of you got the joke on the WWN post. Love those kooky cats at my favorite paper - rip those gender role stereotypes right open.

Some poor tweaking fool posing as a cab driver drove me home from work. He had meth tattoed on his knuckles and was bug-eyed, jumpy and itchy (literally - he couldnt stop scratching himself.) I asked him to chill, try to get me home safely and told him that everything was going to be okay. I lied to him, really. A small fib to the suffering bastard because I have no idea what will happen to him. Given the growing intolerance of our present administration and the lack of treatment options for anyone lacking health insurance, his options looked pretty bleak to me.

Yep, he needs treatment, empathy, decent food and a little help. In other words, even if the treatment were free it wouldn't be nearly enough but it would be a G-damn start!

No comments: