Monday, August 22, 2005

Great Timing Too

So last week was weird and today had a fairly rocky start but then I got the library and received a lovely quotation from my Source editor, Claudia - how many writers are that fortunate? - and an equally kind acceptance of a repayment schedule on a debt of nearly 10 years. Oh yes, my friend Andy also sent along some beautiful translations of a few Bengalai (sp?) poems he's been working on.

Saturday night I had dinner with a women who has recently moved to town from DC. We had a few things in common and a nice conversation. Both of us have worked as lobbyists in DC and grew weary of the bullshit and, frankly, how many people in Congress are just not so bright. In my case, I felt as if I become too phony, as well. Fortunately, she got out before that happened to her.

She's a big fan of Henry Waxman. I'll have to keep an eye on him. It was great timing too. I had recently had a coffee table returned to me for which I had no storage space or us and she needed a coffee table! My land lady wanted it off of the porch. Man, it's great when that happens. It was a three person swap.

Gotta go see my doc.

No comments: