Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Such a Ducky Job???

Okay, I received a really mean email today and rather than strike back, I sent the following which I'm posting because I've sent snarky emails and been the recipient, as well. There's a lesson in here. I'm posting this so I'll can try not to repeat that mistake and, also, so I'll keep trying to listen in our hurry-scurry world. Oh yeah, clearly I'm show-boating too. Didn't I do such a ducky job of taking the high road. Didn't I just admit that so now it's okay? Ain't that Meg's picture back in the big brain machine on her blog? Is she live? Is she memorex? Is this self-parady or has she really snapped her cap this time?

Nah....still got that red wheel barrow holding me firmly in the now.


context: I was told it was "stupid" to care or dwell on anyone from my past.

We learn not to repeat the same mistakes over and over, I believe, not by pretending they did not happen but staring them straight in the eye w/ as much courage as we can muster and acknowleging our own culpability. Of course, sometimes we just get screwed and need a friend to vent to. It's the later where one generally finds a truly compassionate heart - 'cause that's the hardest thing of all to do - just listen w/ out judgment.

Be well,

Meg

No comments: