Tuesday, November 01, 2005

You Never Know

So I had the dinner the other night w/ one of those guys who blabbed a bunch of private stuff about me to other guys. I generally play dumb in those circumstances in hopes that being calm and forgiving will eventually lead to a "confession". It's a system that seems to be working in Rwanda but, of course, Rwanda is an entirely different culture. Maybe he'll own up to it someday. You never know.

Guys are dumb, albeit useful and not at all unloveable in their own ridiculous way. I was chatting with one of my favorite local business owners earlier, Sheila, who has Revival on South Linn Street. I was asking her about the house she and her boyfriend purchased this past Spring. We got into a conversation about how difficult gardening is and what an art it really is. She said they finally roto-tilled and whacked all the weeds and then she let her bf get into doing the "lawn thing". I said "yeah, a lot of boys like to do that sort of thing, may as well just let 'em at it." We laughed and nodded our heads.

Just picked up Carl Honore's "In Praise of Slowness". I think this one was written just for me!!!!

No comments: