Monday, July 26, 2004

You Shouldn't Say That. But..

BTW, there are only 99 shopping days left until the election!

 Thanks, Barney! I'm 39 years younger than McGovern and I still I find myself walking away from conversation after conversation muttering to myself "don't listen to me."  

"I don't know of a liberal program that conservatives didn't later endorse," McGovern asserted. "I tell them, 'Are you against Social Security? If not, then shut up.' We don't want to turn it over to Enron, Halliburton or Arthur Andersen. Everybody is for these programs except the most retarded in either party."

As he waded through the crowd, Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank liked what he heard: "McGovern's entitled to say, 'I told you so.' People tell you that you shouldn't say that. But I find that at my age it's one of the few pleasures that gets better."


No comments: